Professionalism and transparency for production excellence

Agriculture and production capacity

The company has a total of 2200 hectares of cultivated area, spread over the various Sicilian provinces and boasts a daily production potential of 270 tonnes. Naturosa favours cultivation techniques that respect the environment and health. The farming techniques employed are:

90% integrated pest control - 7% organic farming - 3% conventional farming

The factories

The fruit and vegetable processing stages (sorting, washing and packaging) are concentrated in the 10 factories spread across the various provinces; of these facilities, 2 are owned by the company while 8 are made available by member companies. 60% of production takes place in the warehouse, the remaining 40% in the field. All fruit and vegetables are processed in accordance with the guidelines imposed by Abiomed on each member.